Friday, March 19, 2010
FDA's List of Company Recall Press Releases of Products Containing Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP)
Hey, glad you dropped by to see what's Cookin' At Café D!
If you are new, there are many ways to find out what's cooking.
We have our Cooking at Cafe D Facebook Page, and of course our Twitter.
You can subscribe to our RSS Feed and even follow via Google Friend Connect.
So glad you joined us!
You may remember that back on March 4th I posted about the voluntary recalls that the FDA had announced regarding possible salmonella contamination in Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP). HVP is in many foods so it was just a matter of time before the recalls grew while investigations of sources expanded.
Here is the FDA's List of Company Recall Press Releases of Products Containing Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein.
Click HERE to go directly to the FDA.gov site for details on any of the items listed below.
* March 16, 2010 - Barcel Announces Voluntary Recall1
* March 15, 2010 - Produce Valley, Inc. Initiates Voluntary Recall Due to Possible Health Risk Associated with Recalled Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP) by Basic Food Flavors, Inc.2
* March 12, 2010 - Emmi - Roth Käse USA Announces Recall of Spreadables brand Crab Creole and Shrimp Scampi Cheese Spreads3
* March 11, 2010 - McCormick Recall Due to Possible Health Risk from HVP Ingredient Expands to Include Additional "Best By" Dates4
* March 10, 2010 - Quaker Snack Mix Baked Cheddar Voluntarily Recalled Due to Possible Health Risk5
* March 10, 2010 - Austinuts Of Dallas, Inc. Announces Voluntary Recall of Honey Mustard Pretzels6
* March 09, 2010 - Mrs. Gerry’s Kitchen Press Release7
* March 09, 2010 - Nutritional Resources Announces a Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Healthwise Cream of Mushroom Soup Due to Possible Health Risk8
* March 09, 2010 - Olde Westport Spice Announces a Voluntary Recall of Garden Harvest Special Blend Seasoning9
* March 08, 2010 - GNS Foods Voluntarily Recalls Snack Mixes Containing Honey Mustard/Onion Pretzels from National Pretzel Co. associated with Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein (HVP) recalled by Basic Food Flavors, Inc. because of the potential Salmonella contamination.10
* March 08, 2010 - Herr Foods Inc. Recalls 'Herr's Cracked Pepper and Sea Salt Flavored' Kettle Style Potato Chips Because of Possible Health Risk11
* March 08, 2010 - Publix Issues Voluntary Recall on Four Seasoning Mixes12
* March 05, 2010 - Fresh Food Concepts Announces a Voluntary Recall of Spinach Dips Due to Possible Health Risk13
* March 05, 2010 - Ventura Foods, LLC Voluntarily Recalls Seven Varieties of Its Dean’s® Dip Products As A Precautionary Measure14
* March 05, 2010 - Mrs. Gerry’s Kitchen Press Release.15
* March 05, 2010 - Concord Foods Recalls Concord Foods Seasonings Mixes because of Possible Health Risk16
* March 05, 2010 - National Pretzel Co. Announces Precautionary Recall of Honey Mustard Onion Seasoned Pretzels Because of Possible Health Risk17
* March 05, 2010 - McCormick & Company Initiates Recall Due to Possible Health Risk from HVP Ingredient18
* March 04, 2010 - Orval Kent Food Company, Inc. Voluntarily Recalls Culinary Circle Dips Due to Possible Health Risk19
* March 04, 2010 - Creative Contract Packaging Corporation Recalls HERB-OX® Bouillon Products Because of Possible Health Risk20
* March 03, 2010 - Earth Island Announces Voluntary Recall On Select Follow Your Heart Products That Contain Natural Flavor Because Of Possible Health Risk21
* March 03, 2010 - Reser's Fine Foods Inc Press Release22
* March 03, 2010 - Homemade Gourmet Voluntarily Recalls "Tortilla Soup Mix" Because of Possible Health Risk23
* March 02, 2010 - Tim's Cascade Snacks Recalls 'Hawaiian® Kettle Style Potato Chips - Sweet Maui Onion' and 'Hawaiian- Sweet Maui Onion Rings' Because of Possible Health Risk24
* March 02, 2010 - Castella Imports, Inc. Conducts Nationwide Recall of Castella Chicken Soup Base Because of Possible Health Risk25
* March 01, 2010 - Heartland Foods, Inc. voluntarily recalls Coarse Ground Black Pepper because of possible Salmonella Contamination26
* March 01, 2010 - T. Marzetti Company Announces a Voluntary Recall of Dips Due to Possible Health Risk27
* February 27, 2010 - Kroger Recalls Two Onion Soup & Dip Mixes Due to Possible Health Risk
Again, click HERE to go directly to the FDA.gov site for details on any of the items listed above.
Food For Thought
Are any of the items listed above currently in your pantry?
When speaking of "Food Safety" what concerns you the most?
You can comment below.